I love meeting new people, following them on LinkedIn, Twitter, or meeting through a blog. But, when someone googles resume writers and career coaches, you receive an overwhelming list. I checked out several before making my decision concerning a coach. The websites showed great testimonials, stats etc., but I wanted to gain insight into who they were, what their morals were, work ethic, and how they would work with me. It’s difficult figuring out who someone is online. Are they who they say they are? What are others saying? What is their client’s experience? And, if I’m spending my hard earned money and investing into my business, I need to understand as much as I can.
With all this in mind, I recently took the 360 reach and sent out a questionnaire to a group of people so that I might gain insight into my core self and work ethic through other’s eyes. How might I serve clients better, learn more, or communicate clearer? However, it became more than gaining clarity concerning my brand; it became about my potential clients so they could have a view into part of who I am as a human being and business owner.
I wanted to share a few of the results with you. Here are a few of the comments from different sections of the questionnaire.
Type of Car:
• A Lexus hybrid: dependable, diverse, quality and sassy
• The top of the line Toyota because her work is polished and high end. She is reliable, hard working, and proven to work
• Dune buggy because she is fun and enjoyable to work with and be around
• Honda – nice, dependable, good vehicle
• Honda – reliable, easy to use, won’t break down
• Honda, reliable, trustworthy, stable
• Lexus – because she is classy, refined and experienced and likes to make life easier for those around her
• Sporty el Camino because she’s got the power under the hood to handle any road she travels
• Subaru because she’s dependable
• Toyota Camry – reliable, consistent, long lasting
• A scale, because it is honest
• Blender – the ability to transform bits and pieces into something good
• Bose sound system: she makes your work sound as beautiful and crisp as possible
• Sewing machine, she sews words together to form interesting stories
• Space heater because she is a positive and comforting influence. She has a way of making others feel warm, and she fits in well in all social circles.
• Jennifer is one of the most determined people I know. She has an infectious positive attitude and a love for seeing people around her succeed
• Your compassion and caring are nurturing and much appreciated
• Your recruiting and staffing background helps you to see the way through the trees for you clients
• Multi-talented, good at multi-tasking as well
• You does amazing work
• She can do anything she sets her mind to
Those are all things I feel good about and live those traits in my personal life and implement them into my business.
Utilizing tools to find out how others perceive you can help differentiate who you are on your resume and LinkedIn profile. There’s so much competition with other job seekers every advantage takes you a step closer to your ideal job.
Jennifer Owenby is a professional resume writer located in Portland, Oregon. Please visit ONB Professional Resume Services for additional information and scheduling an appointment. Also visit here for LinkedIn Profile Services.